Following the initial assessment, we will provide you with a clear idea of the services, treatment and time commitment required.
Our services range from clinical psychology (children and teenagers) to behaviour support and speech pathology.
The way our sessions are structured ensures we identify the areas causing the biggest barriers (at home, school, with friends, etc.) so that you see progress which is meaningful.
Location and duration of services
Psychology and Speech Pathology sessions will typically last one hour and take place in our clinic setting.
Behaviour Support programs offer sessions in clinic, at home, at school, and in the community. The length of the sessions are tailored to the individual and range from one to two hours.
Regarding Autism Spectrum Disorder the treatment plan is structured around the core principle of identifying therapy approaches that your child will respond positively to and that lead to skills growth.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder, Intellectual Disability, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, or general learning delay
- Managing stress associated with school and study, including organisational skills
- Social problems
- Depression, low self-esteem / lack of confidence
- Angry and frustrated (defiant) behaviours
- Sleep difficulties
- Emotional regulation
- Managing violent or dangerous behaviour escalations
- Assistance navigating and transitioning into education programs
- Making and maintaining peer friendships
- Teaching daily living and life skills
- Behaviour support and training with the child’s support networks
Our Speech Pathology service is led by Speech Pathologist Alice Ramsey, with clinical oversight provided by Charlotte Badge. This service may be suitable if your child is struggling with or you want to address any of the following:
- Early communication (turn-taking, joint-attention, imitation, play skills)
- Speech (producing speech sounds)
- Language (understanding others and/or expressing themselves)
- Fluency (stuttering)
- Literacy (phonological awareness, reading and writing)
- Pragmatics (social communication skills)